HawkPoint Technologies (HawkPoint) is a technology and business services provider, but we are a lot more than that. At HawkPoint, we believe that helping businesses succeed begins with understanding our customers. We provide technologies that support businesses today and prepare them for the needs and challenges of the future. We do not use a cookie-cutter approach at HawkPoint, but rather customized solutions to fit each customer. We know our customers. We know why their business process is the way it is and we know how to implement technology that supports their direction.
We are seeking a motivated Application Developer/Programmer to join our team. This individual should have exceptional development and organizational skills. We are hoping to leverage these skills to support and update our commercial application, as well as writing new applications. If you believe you are up for the challenge, then we are excited for you to join us. Submit a resume and cover letter to careers@HawkPointTechnologies.com.
HawkPoint provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability and we welcome applications from any/all suitably qualified candidates.
Application Developers develop the features and functions of HawkPoint’s commercial applications by working with clients and internal resources to understand how and why the application must function to meet the process needs of end users. Application Developers are responsible for executing project plans and support request throughout the development lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, providing development estimations, designing functionality, tracking and communicating changes, testing and documenting all functions and changes to functions in the application environment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of HawkPoint’s C.O.D.E. and consistently strive to meet those performance standards.
- Work directly with clients, Project Managers, Business Analysts and all resources necessary to understand client requirements and execute commercial application development, testing, implementation and support.
- In accordance with client contracts and/or agreements or HawkPoint executive direction:
- Ensure maximum application performance and client satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and quick resolution of application problems.
- Analyze application issues and apply standard procedures and documented techniques to resolve them in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate and coordinate promotion schedules, backups, and downtime to clients.
- Protect system stability and reliability through proactive evaluation and testing of commercial applications.
- Maintain a positive relationship with clients, end-users and managers through clear and concise status reporting via voice mail, email, or direct in-person communication.
- Design prototypes or mock-ups to demonstrate screens and/or functionality to stakeholders.
- Write high quality source code to program complete commercial applications, within the deadlines set.
- Perform Unit and Integration testing before promotions or releases. Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Develop stored procedures, triggers and automated scripts to manipulate data in database environments.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update, standardize versions and add new features.
- Communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings and appropriate email, IM and regular interpersonal communication
- Ensure that pertinent paperwork, calendars, ticket tracking and records are maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with HTML5, C#, and .Net would be a plus.
- Familiarity with some older programming languages (VB6, Silverlight) also a plus.
- Education: Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience.
- Other: Valid Driver’s License required.